How to Care
- Always store your jewellery pieces individually, preferably in your House of Pascal box or pouch so that they don’t rub together, scratch or tangle. Also remember to keep your chains fastened so they don’t become tangled.
- Take care to avoid extreme humidity or heat as this may cause tarnishing. Your gold vermeil and silver jewellery should be kept in a dark, cool and dry place. With time and wear, sterling silver will naturally become oxidised and eventually tarnish. Storing silver jewellery in a sealed plastic bag or airtight box when it is not being worn will keep out the air that causes oxidation.
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth after each wear to remove any make up or natural skin oils.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners on jewellery or rough paper tissues to clean precious metals as this can scratch the metal.
- Never spray perfume, hairspray or any other solvent on your jewellery. To prevent harsh chemicals damaging your jewellery, we advise you to apply cosmetic products prior to putting on your jewels.
- Harsh chemicals, such as chlorine can damage, discolour or erode precious metals and gemstones, therefore jewellery should be removed when bathing and swimming.
- Silver is a soft metal by nature so treat your jewels delicately and do not wear to bed. We recommend removing jewellery when participating in any physical or labour intensive activities.